Monday, June 1, 2015

Cuz I had the best day with you, today.

What makes you feel rich, in love, beautiful, creative, inspired, or full? Or all of the previous listed at one time? This post is for me. Today was one of those days I want to remember for a long time. The perfect summer day. I wore running shorts, a maternity tank top, no make up, hair in a pony tail and I felt like the most beautiful woman alive. Cocky? Nah, just living it up in Wellington at 33 weeks pregnant.

Here is how the day went:
4:30am Will brings Hank in our room and tells me to nurse him, do my magic and get him to go back to sleep. So Hank had milk and then we all slept until 7.
7am Hank and I ate pancakes and he took his probiotic and dha and I took my dha and prenatal. (He loves taking our vitamins together). 
7:30am Hank and I take Will pancakes and oj in bed. Then I vacuum. Hank "helps".
Some time around 8:30am Jordan comes over and we go on a nice walk filled with lots of baby and birth talk. My fav! Then we pick some bitter lettuce-sorry Jordan- and some delicious basil. Jordan usually leaves me feeling encouraged and energized. She makes me want to be better just by being her.
Around 10/11am I start preparing lunch because our doula is coming over to dream about our birth. I make Hank some lunch and Will puts him down for a nap.
12pm Nancy (our doula) shows up. We have the BEST conversations over lunch and then over doula contracts on the couch. Nancy shares her testimony with Will since he had never heard her story. 
After lunch we all headed outside to feed the cows some watermelon rinds and look at the garden. We talked a lot about Nancy's life in Guatemala, milking cows, and growing gardens. 
Before Nancy left Hank showed her his baseball skills and we gave Her some squash and zucchini. 
After Nancy left Hank did his favorite thing... Skinny dipping in his tiny pool and Will and I sat poolside and had wonderful conversation. Per Hank's request we took our rods to the pond for some fishing (I caught 4 bream for the record). This is when I told Will that I felt like the richest and most beautiful girl in the world: just fishing in the pond with my big belly, my adorable son, and the man who got me pregnant. No rush, no worries, just us. In that moment I was sure that everyone in the world wanted to be me. Probably not but that was how it al l felt as the sun went down and the clouds rolled in. 
Around 7pm I found Hank in the tub with Will's head hanging over and Hank pouring water over Will's head. Too precious. I brushed teeth with Hank, clipped finger and toe nails, and he joined me in singing "this little light of mine".


Sometimes you get in the routine or rush of life and forget just how much you love the ones you love most. Today I was reminded of how much love the Father has for me, me for Him, and my heart swelled just looking at my Hank, husband, and my unborn but very active and alive baby boy. I am so thankful for people like Nancy who inspire me and push me to be better. She has invested so much in me and I can't thank her enough. I love talking with people who have met Jesus and have never been the same since. It is beautiful and inviting and authentic. So thankful to have her assist Will and I in birth. 

Happy Summer, Happy June. Cheers to July and a newborn to nurse and wear. 

No comments: