On Friday I went to my most favorite place- ever. Ocean Beach or OB for short. Holly wanted a cool new ring so we decided to check out the antique shops. The first one we went in was the last. The man who worked there was quite the salesman. He had Holly trying on a huge platinum diamond ring. The cut she likes and everything. Then he had us digging in gold. Just as we were trying to leave he insisted that we check out his sterling silver. So, like wise girls, that is just what we did. He had stones from the earth, silver bands, and fake stones. I was not planning on buying a ring but I came across this adorable ring with a green stone(in the stones from the earth section) and it was just my size. I knew I had to have it. Holly also found a ring. So pretty. They were both very cheap :) As we were checking out I asked the man what kind of stone was in my ring because I couldn't read the tiny print he labeled it with. He said it is a chrysoprase and it's name literally means... praise Christ. At that moment I fell in love all over again with my Savior. Jesus is so sweet to me. It is absolutely incredible to me that God cares enough to romance me. My find in that antique shop on Friday is far more special than anything a boy could give me. I am so thankful for new life. I am so thankful for rescue and redemption. My Jesus is good. I love him and what we have together. When I become anxious about my future I can just just look at my pretty green treasure and know that God has it under control and one day he will give me a great partner to run this race with. A boy who loves Jesus with every bit of what is inside him. A boy who is not afraid to chase Jesus madly. You see, if a boy does not know the love of Jesus and the love of Jesus isn't important to him.... He will not be able to love me. Love is from God. Love isn't what we watch in the movies, or red roses, or the opening of a door. Love is selfless. Love is real. Love is perseverance. Jesus is love. And I want it. Bad. More of it. More of Jesus in my life and in my heart. Love wins.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Lord of the Rings....
On Friday I went to my most favorite place- ever. Ocean Beach or OB for short. Holly wanted a cool new ring so we decided to check out the antique shops. The first one we went in was the last. The man who worked there was quite the salesman. He had Holly trying on a huge platinum diamond ring. The cut she likes and everything. Then he had us digging in gold. Just as we were trying to leave he insisted that we check out his sterling silver. So, like wise girls, that is just what we did. He had stones from the earth, silver bands, and fake stones. I was not planning on buying a ring but I came across this adorable ring with a green stone(in the stones from the earth section) and it was just my size. I knew I had to have it. Holly also found a ring. So pretty. They were both very cheap :) As we were checking out I asked the man what kind of stone was in my ring because I couldn't read the tiny print he labeled it with. He said it is a chrysoprase and it's name literally means... praise Christ. At that moment I fell in love all over again with my Savior. Jesus is so sweet to me. It is absolutely incredible to me that God cares enough to romance me. My find in that antique shop on Friday is far more special than anything a boy could give me. I am so thankful for new life. I am so thankful for rescue and redemption. My Jesus is good. I love him and what we have together. When I become anxious about my future I can just just look at my pretty green treasure and know that God has it under control and one day he will give me a great partner to run this race with. A boy who loves Jesus with every bit of what is inside him. A boy who is not afraid to chase Jesus madly. You see, if a boy does not know the love of Jesus and the love of Jesus isn't important to him.... He will not be able to love me. Love is from God. Love isn't what we watch in the movies, or red roses, or the opening of a door. Love is selfless. Love is real. Love is perseverance. Jesus is love. And I want it. Bad. More of it. More of Jesus in my life and in my heart. Love wins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
you are so cute ....i totally know that guy your talking about he also had my sister and i try on a bunch of jewelry I love it
What a sweet story Maggie!! Hope youre doing good! We will get to see you in a few weeks :-)
I love me some Maggie!!! :)
amen and amen. thanks for sharing how God works. love you and am praying for you...particularly for that special man He is preparing for you.
Awesome! Great Story. Keep seeking Jesus and He will certainly do His thing.
LOVE this post :)
sadly, I read nothing about hobbits here.
Post a Comment