There are days or moments when I'm doing certain tasks or eating certain foods that I feel most like my Paw-Paw's granddaughter.
Here are some examples:
-Slicing cheese and eating it.
-Making pancakes (hotcakes) and eating them.
-Eating Jack's biscuit and gravy because it tastes exactly like Hardee's did when I was a kid and he would take me there or bring it home for me.
-Canning vegetables.
-Working in the garden with Will.
-Feeding the cows.
-Sitting outside in the swing.
-Cutting grass.
-Helping others.
-Talking about Jesus.
-Visiting with anyone. True fellowship, conversation, and interaction.
1 comment:
Maggie, what you wrote is so sweet and true.
When I am doing the following things I know that it is because PawPaw did them and was sharing his love with us and others.
Praying for family and others
Going to church
Singing hymns
Grilling - I need to learn how to smoke turkey like he did!
Telling others about my faith
Having friends in our home for meals and visiting together
Eating Ice Cream!
Working outside with my hands
Fixing something for someone
Checking on the elderly and being sure they have all they need
Aggravating and joking with others - just like him sometimes I do not know when to stop
Going on vacation trips in the mountains
PawPaw and MawMaw gave me such a great childhood and helped me understand and experience God's love and grace which has gotten me through to where I am today!
Love,
Uncle Brian
Post a Comment