I cry every time I watch this video and I don't cry often.
Game Day!
This music video represents the south so well. When I was in school at Chapel Hill our football team- let's just say they didn't quite have it together. Regardless of the score board I still went to most of the games and cheered my heart out. Now, if you knew me in middle or high school you know that I never missed a basketball game. I absolutely LOVE the sport. I watched some of the boys play ball from 5th grade until graduation. Damarr Carter and I had a ritual for EVERY game from 7th grade to 12th grade. You may have even seen me pulling my best friend, Brittany Bell (Hanes), off the court at times because she was getting too feisty with the refs. We definitely meant business when it came to our boys. We always ranked in the top 5 in the state and spent a lot of time in the number one spot. The bond between me, those boys, and the court is something I still miss. Sadly, that feeling of community is something you rarely experience after HS unless you go on to play some kind of college ball.
You know that feeling you get on game day? You know, you're wearing your jersey or your cheerleading uniform. The signs are painted and you just feel the excitement all around you? The whole community is coming out to cheer for the home team and see your team win victoriously?? Or when your college football team is playing? Well, that is how I feel when I try to go to sleep on Saturday nights. I get so excited about Elevate church and what God is going to do through us on Sunday mornings that it is extremely difficult for me to fall asleep. Like a kid on Christmas Eve. Every Sunday is game day for me and our team at Elevate that so generously volunteers their time, talents, and abilities. If you don't go to church or you're not involved in the church you do attend... I urge you: GO TO CHURCH. SOMEWHERE. GET INVOLVED. It is so rewarding and fulfilling to invest all you have in order to advance God's kingdom. It's the Great Commission. Not a great suggestion. God has commanded us to go and make disciples. Live differently. Love deeply. Forgive. Invest. Give. Be Jesus to those around you. Love your enemies. I am in love with Elevate. I am so proud to be a part of what God is doing in San Diego, CA. I absolutely stand behind Elevate's mission: Leading people to become passionate followers of Christ. Love God, Love People. Bottom line! With Elevate I still get to experience the game day feeling, the community, and excitement and the best part is.... it has ETERNAL value. In the grand scheme of themes it does not matter how many national championships Alabama wins but a soul won to Christ is eternally important and what this life is all about.
Happy Sabbath folks. This is my soap box. Live an extraordinary life. Live purposefully. The rewards will be great.
1 comment:
Preach it Maggs! Love it! Love your heart for God!
Post a Comment